Tag Archives: Barnard Bishop and Barnard

Gates fit for a Royal: The Norwich Gates by Barnard, Bishop and Barnard

The magnificent wrought-iron gates which guard the main entrance to Sandringham are called the Norwich Gates. They were made in 1862 for the International Exhibition at South Kensington, London, in the foundries of Barnard, Bishop and Barnard in Norwich, and … Continue reading

Posted in Snapshots from the Archive | Tagged , , , | 2 Comments